Monday, July 4, 2016

Book Review: P.S I Still Love You by Jenny Han




Synopsis:

Lara Jean didn’t expect to really fall for Peter.
They were just pretending. Until they weren’t. and now Lara Jean has to lean what it’s like to be in a real relationship and not just a make-believe one.
But when another boy from her past returns to her life, Lara Jean’s feelings for him suddenly return too.
Can a girl be in love with two boys at once?
Lara Jean is about to find out that falling in love is the easy part.



Book Review:

Lara Jean didn’t expect to really fall for Peter, well I didn’t expect it either. I was really surprised that Lara Jean actually love Peter but what I didn’t expect the most was Peter loving Lara Jean back, even though I think Lara Jean was Peter’s not kind of woman.  Peter is the kind of guy that’s opposite of Lara Jean. They’re like fire and water. But the way they work their relationship is a proof to me that opposites really do attract.
This book gave me a lot of emotions -giddy, annoyance, feels, and many more. Especially that in this book, Peter got a little preoccupied of things that really left Lara Jean doubting and hurt. Because of it, I’m also doubting if Peter really did love Lara Jean. There were things he can’t say to her which really suck because she’s his girlfriend, for real this time, and he’s not talking to her about things that could help get rid of whatever doubt Lara Jean is feeling. But then again, never immediately jump to conclusions if you don’t know the whole situation. That’s just what happened to Lara Jean.

Lara Jean's letter for John Ambrose McClaren

 John Ambrose McClaren is the guy who came back form Lara Jean’s past. When he appear, the story became more interesting. They became rivals, John and Peter. They compete for Lara Jean. It’s a cute love triangle even though the result is pretty obvious. I’m shipping Lara Jean and Johnny because they feel good together. Johnny is just the right guy for Lara Jean but I know that if it really happened, that Lara Jean change sides and went to Johnny, their relationship would be a bit boring. Johnny is a good guy, not to mention a pretty boy, but he and Lara Jean has the same rhythm and they won’t give spice on their relationship if ever.
And it’s pretty obvious that Lara Jean is just confuse of her feelings towards Johnny because the last time she saw him, she still likes him. And the sudden come back was a shock that lead Lara Jean to think that she still likes him. Of course, that’s all my opinion because it’s not stated in the book, Lara Jean didn’t mention that.
The ending though, it made me want to demand for a third book. For real, I still want to know what happened to Peter and Lara Jean after they kissed in their tree house. There’s still more to this book, I know. I just hope Jenny Han will create a third book of this.

Rate:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts!