Friday, January 27, 2017

Review: A Court of Thorns and Roses

A Court of Thorns and Roses A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Please don't hate me with my rating. I know this book is so popular. A lot of people actually loved this book and it has hardcore fans but please don't hate me. ^_^


I admit that one of the reason why I picked up this book is because of its hype. I mean come on, every single booknerd in the book community loved this book. So I thought maybe it really is that awesome.

I got high expectations on this book. I really do. I thought reading this would bring me in a magical place where whenever I start reading I can't stop then. But I was a bit wrong.


I don't know why this book is super duper over hype. The whole time I was reading it I didn't have any emotions. I mean, it didn't gave me the feels like the other books, didn't gave me the awesome adventure I was expecting. It was just... plain?


Though the story was good, it was kind of cliche -for me that is. I didn't even felt that oozing hotness in the male characters. What the heck is wrong with me? It was just really plain for me. I don't know why that is.

And I don't really like Feyre's character that much. She's way too stubborn for my liking. There are types of stubbornness in a character in a book. There are those stubborn but still cute; stubborn but bearable; but Feyre is the kind of stubborn that is irritatingly annoying. (Are those words combined even allowed in English grammar though?) Yes. Her stubbornness irritates me to the core. I also don't know why.


And Rhysand. Please don't hate me when I say that whenever I read a part with Rhysand in it I feel like he's gay or something. Like seriously. I picture him gay in my head. Though the things that described him were far from gay. And yeah he kissed Feyre but still. He sure does sound gay to me.


Then Tamlin. Man, I don't know how to feel about him. At first I seriously like him but then most of the people I knew who have read this book said that I will hate Tamlin in the future. Like they want me to hate Tamlin or something. He's character is okay to me.



Yo. Don't hate me about this. These are just my opinion, my review. We all have different say about the same things right? But maybe I'm just saying this because I haven't read the second book yet. But I plan on doing so. So maybe whenever I finish that second and third book my thoughts about this series will change, right?


I hope.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts!