Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Review: The Animal Under The Fur

The Animal Under The Fur The Animal Under The Fur by E.J. Mellow
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was so honored and happy to have received an ARC of this book! So I thank Ms. Mellow for giving me a copy of her book for an honest review.


If you guys don’t know what this book is about, it’s an action-romance book! It’s about a woman with the name 3 and a guy named Carter Smith. 3 is a very unique human being and not just the usual unique but she’s unique because it’s in her genes. They are both the star operatives in their respective organization and they both hated each other to the core. When an assignment came that they need to pair up together, well, let’s just say it didn’t have a very good outcome. :D


Bessies, you have no idea that one of my favorite genre is action-romance. (Really Jannin?) Well, anything that has romance in it is my favorite genre but throw some action in and that book is golden! Seriously! It’s one of the factors that had me signing up for the advance copies of this book. :P


I love the characters of Carter and 3, or Nashville if she’s not the operative but just a normal human being. They are both stubborn and they hate losing so much that they ended up being at each other’s throats most of the time. But in terms of being badass, my vote is on 3. Not because she’s a girl and it’s a default choice for me but because she really is badass. Go ask Carter he’ll agree with me! (Hardly. xP)

The book has three point of views, Carter, 3, and Nashville. Though in all honesty, I can’t point the difference from 3 and Nashville. Aside that when it’s Nashville’s point of view, her friend Ceci is always present. And when she’s 3, she’s just like Nashville but maybe colder? I don’t know how to say this without spoilers, hey!


The story of the book is pretty cool. Guns, combats, undercovers, and all these kinds of stuff are pretty cool for me. I seriously love reading action books! :D The plot twist though. The twist is one hell of a twist! And I somehow felt it coming, I really do, but the romance part of the book became somewhat a very good distraction on the mystery lurking right around the corner. So I wasn’t that surprised when I reach the plot twist. Haha! It made me happy though that I saw it first. 


And the part where 3 was faced with a very difficult decision, I understand why she decided the way she did. Like I agree with Carter with his comment about it. (I can just see carter smirking at me right now.) Everything has its limits. Even the coldest heart thaw somehow. (Hi Elsa and Ana! :D)


Oh and 3 reminded me of a tsundere character in an anime. For those people who don’t know what a tsundere is (those people who don’t watch anime, hey) they are the kinds of characters who have cold hearts and are hostile in the beginning but then they gradually warms up along the way. Yeah. 3 is pretty much like a tsundere. Because there are those tsundere characters in an anime that they are cold and hostile to other characters aside from one character they are already closed with from the beginning. And 3 has a very close friend that she considers a family and her name is Ceci.


So to wrap this up, this is a freaking good book for all action-romance lover out there! I recommend you, bessies, should read this. It’s badass and cool and just awesome! :D


That’s it for this review! The book will be out this coming March 30th 2017! So make sure to check this out! :D

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts!